Tuesday, September 8, 2009

For the Love of Cuba

It is impossible to describe,
The love I carry,
Within my Heart,
Upon my shoulders,
It is impossible to make you understand,
How my soul can yearn,
After a place,
I have never Seen.
I spend hours buscando,
Fotos, pictures,
SONGS,
Of that place I long to touch,
And have never seen,
But through,
The glass portal
Of a LENSE,
Or the brush strokes
Of an Artist’s hand.
Lord, that someday,
I may touch the sands of her playas,
But for the Love of Cuba,
I will wait through eternity.
Until she sees
Dios
Patria
Y
Libertad.
I will not even touch a grain of
Sand upon the white beaches,
Stroked lovingly by the waves.
Come now,
Gusanos Mios,
And embrace the beauty,
Of a free land,
A land to be ours,
Forever More,
Por Siempre.
It could be a land,
Blessed by God,
Besado por el sol,
And cradled by the moon.
For the love of Cuba,
I will wait.
And with the eternal hope and vivacity
Of the Cuban,
I will love Her,
Forever more,
For the Love of Cuba.

No comments:

Post a Comment