Monday, September 21, 2009

Lighted Lanterns

Fill me with lighted lanterns,
Whose painted petals,
Flutter in a soft sea breeze.
Shut out the darkness,
With roses reaching,
Towards a sun of golden pearls.
We are the children of the waves,
Running before the moon,
Ever chasing the sweet kiss,
Of summer’s sunny sighs.
You are the rebellion,
Against the shadow,
The idea which I would follow.
You are the philosophy,
And I the philosopher.
Take away the chains I wear,
Make of me a free woman.
Grasses dance before the breeze,
And I before all he sees.
Rain that falls from sunny skies,
Washes,
Weary,
Watered eyes.
Lights that dance,
Upon the waves,
Fill the heart with greater joy.
Turn my eyes from the sand,
To the orb upon the mount,
Shaking shattered fears away,
Building hope a better home.
Be the hand which holds me up,
The sustaining strength which I lack.
Against the shadow shall we stand,
To battle beasts of fattened lands.
Hold me up as I slip,
My fettered feet falter step.
Fill me now with candlelight,
Touched by neither breath nor breeze,
Chasing shadows from my soul,
Warming corners cold as stone.
Fill me with lighted lanterns,
Shutting out the winter’s woe.

No comments:

Post a Comment