Sunday, September 6, 2009

Victim

Along this dark and windy road,
I carried my light and heavy load.
Beyond the reach of any light,
Far from mind when lost from sight.

I am the gypsy’s lonely queen,
Forever and ever wandering.
Call me earth or call me sky,
There is life’s fire in my eye.

The moon is lost behind a cloud,
My face behind my mourning shroud.
Douse the fire, douse the flame.
Forgot forever is my name.

I am the gypsy’s lonely wife,
Forever under their bloody knife.
Call me shadow or call me night,
In their eyes I was blight.

Alone I walk this hidden path,
The eternal victim of their wrath.
Dust upon the road I tread,
Like the ashes of our dead.

I am the child’s lonely home,
Forever am meant to walk alone.
Call me gypsy or call me Jew,
It was my name that you slew.

No comments:

Post a Comment